gyp_chromium failing with branding=Chrome buildtype=Official

Michael Giuffrida

Jun 10, 2015, 3:03:35 AM6/10/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
$ ./build/gyp_chromium
gyp: Call to 'python cups_config_helper.py --libs /media/ssd2/c_new/tot2/src/chrome/installer/linux/debian_wheezy_amd64-sysroot' returned exit status 1.
Error: Command '/usr/bin/python src/build/gyp_chromium' returned non-zero exit status 1 in /media/ssd2/c_new/tot2

I've fetched ToT and ran `gclient sync`, but the last step keeps failing. This happens with and without src-internal in my .gclient.

Using just branding=Chrome or buildtype=Official seems to work, but together gyp fails. Removing other stuff from GYP_DEFINES doesn't affect the error.

I'm trying to build this because a CL of mine seems to be failing on trybots configured this way. Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

Yuta Kitamura

Jun 10, 2015, 3:09:32 AM6/10/15
to mich...@chromium.org, chromium-dev
You probably need to run chrome/installer/linux/sysroot_scripts/install-debian.wheezy.sysroot.py manually.

Lei Zhang

Jun 10, 2015, 3:12:08 AM6/10/15
to Michael Giuffrida, chromium-dev, yu...@chromium.org
Did you set GYP_DEFINES when running gclient sync?

Michael Giuffrida

Jun 10, 2015, 4:21:47 AM6/10/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, yu...@chromium.org, mich...@chromium.org, Sam Clegg
Thank you!

Why have I never had to run this before?

Yuta Kitamura

Jun 10, 2015, 5:26:10 AM6/10/15
to mich...@chromium.org, chromium-dev, Sam Clegg
I don't know, but according to the comments in the script, it should run as a part of gclient runhooks.

(In my case, there was a reason why the script hadn't run, as my wrapper script of gclient did some dirty tricks and managed to avoid running that script.)

Justin Donnelly

Nov 24, 2015, 4:26:26 PM11/24/15
to yu...@chromium.org, mich...@chromium.org, chromium-dev, Sam Clegg
For some reason I ran into this problem today. For anyone else with the same issue, running install-sysroot.py from its new location solved the problem for me:

$ ./build/linux/sysroot_scripts/install-sysroot.py