Google Chrome to kill off support for the Adobe Flash ? Any tentative deadline ? Will there be any choice given to users to continue using the flash in a page if user want to do so.

Soumik Chakroborty

Jul 25, 2016, 1:25:12 PM7/25/16
to Chromium-dev
Hi,

Recently from several articles we came to know that Google Chrome to kill off support for the Adobe Flash .
Are there any tentative deadline ? Will there be any choice or settings given to users from Chrome to continue using the flash in a page if user want to do so or it will be completely blocked.

Kindly let me know if anyone has any information on this.

Thanks,
Soumik

PhistucK

Jul 25, 2016, 3:04:47 PM7/25/16
to scha...@lexmark.com, Chromium-dev
While eventually Google Chrome might stop supporting Flash, there is neither a concrete, nor official plan. The only plan is to block Flash and let the user allow it to run.

Also, please, do not start non technical discussions on this group. chromium-discuss is more appropriate, or the product forums.

PhistucK