How to have kernel trace and Chromium trace beside each other?

mrc3...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2018, 2:48:24 PM4/21/18
to Chromium-dev
Hi everyone

Is there any method to instrument both kernel level and user level for Chromium? Chromium tracer just provides a call stack of functions in user level. Is it possible to have kernel level traces as well?

Thanks.

Primiano Tucci

Apr 21, 2018, 5:22:44 PM4/21/18
to mrc3...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
For which platform?
This is currently supported only in:
- CrOs, using the "system tracing" checkbox
- Android, using build/android/adb_profile_chrome

mrc3...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2018, 9:55:00 PM4/21/18
to Chromium-dev, mrc3...@gmail.com
Thanks for your response. My platform is Linux (Ubuntu), Is there any option for that?

Primiano Tucci

Apr 23, 2018, 12:29:56 PM4/23/18
On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 2:55 AM <mrc3...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for your response. My platform is Linux (Ubuntu), Is there any option for that?

Yeah unfortunately Linux Desktop is not supported, to the best of my knowledge.
We are fixing that as part of a new project we started recently, but will take a bit.