Bringing in external Java dependencies into Android w/ BUILD.gn

Jason J. W. Williams

May 19, 2017, 4:54:02 PM5/19/17
to Chromium-dev
Hi,

We've got a Java library we'd like to bring into our Chromium build (it's a Java module for talking to some REST APIs). I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this without hand building the BUILD.gn everytime. Is there a way to convert/sync Gradle files to BUILD.gn? (Or Maven for that matter if that's easier somehow...but Gradle would be preferred).

-J

Dirk Pranke

May 19, 2017, 5:22:06 PM5/19/17
to Jason Williams, Chromium-dev
I do not know of anyone who has built such a tool. Given that java targets tend to be relatively simple, I don't think it would be too hard to do for individual targets, though.

-- Dirk

Jason J. W. Williams

May 19, 2017, 5:25:12 PM5/19/17
to Dirk Pranke, Chromium-dev
Hey Dirk,

OK, thank you for letting me know. It's a library I maintain, but I was hoping to avoid manually updating the BUILD.gn when bringing in new versions in the future. There looked like there were a few Gradle-based projects in the third_party directory, so thought maybe the tool already existed.

-J