What is the cipd_client.exe in depot_tools windows for? It is causing me so much trouble!

Minghao Ni

Nov 17, 2017, 2:34:27 AM11/17/17
to Chromium-dev
Most tools in depot_tools are written in python, which is easy to run and inspect.
Why is this cipd_client.exe is a platform specific binary exe?
At the very beginning, the system reports that the exe is not compatible with my windows 10.
Then when it runs, it keep reporting errors like: [xxx remote.go] connectivity error to chrome-infra-pakages.appspots.com etc.
And it seems not respecting https_proxy or http_proxy settings.
And I don't know where is the source code for cipd_client.exe.

PhistucK

Nov 17, 2017, 4:44:12 AM11/17/17
to niming...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
This looks like the source code root of CIPD -

PhistucK

Minghao Ni