getting source code & build

Anatoly Sinyavin

Apr 18, 2014, 3:54:25 AM4/18/14
to chromi...@chromium.org

Hi Chromium developers.

I need to build Chromium with "34.0.1847.62" SVN tag. But I am not Chromium comitter and
I am not going to commit something to SVN. Standard procedure described at

  http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/get-the-code
  https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/AndroidBuildInstructions

doesn't presume this requirement.

Is there any right way to download this source code & build it ?

Many thanks,
Anatoly

PhistucK

Apr 18, 2014, 3:56:39 AM4/18/14
to tolly3...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
There is a line there that reads -
"If you are not a committer, you need to reference the public, read-only svn repository in the above commands, like:"
And a bunch of commands. Have you followed it?

PhistucK

Primiano Tucci

Apr 18, 2014, 6:28:47 AM4/18/14
to Alon Gothshmidt, tolly3...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
Is there a specific reason why the instructions under "Syncing a compilable release branch" refer to the RW svn:// repo rather than the public one?

PhistucK: those instruction will not solve the problem Anatoly is reporting: those are just for git-svn, AFAIK will not rewrite pure svn commands:

Anatoly: Replace svn://svn with http://src in those instructions, as follows:
gclient sync