Manifest Merging now Implemented

Andrew Grieve

Aug 15, 2017, 9:36:39 AM8/15/17
to chromium-dev
Just wanted to signal boost that our build system now performs manifest merging, and does so by default for android_aar() targets.

While I think this feature is overall quite useful for things like:

I'd guess we don't really want to use it too much or else risk our AndroidManifest.xml being hard to debug (Android Studio has manifest merging tracing / debugging, but it doesn't work with how we're integrating with Studio).

Simeon Anfinrud

Aug 15, 2017, 11:47:12 AM8/15/17
to agr...@chromium.org, chromium-dev
This is really cool! How does it handle <uses-sdk> tags with android:minSdkVersion and android:maxSdkVersion set?

Andrew Grieve

Aug 15, 2017, 12:58:49 PM8/15/17
to Simeon Anfinrud, Andrew Grieve, chromium-dev
That's a good question! And in truth, I don't know :P.

There do seem to be some docs here though that mention it: