Is the win_clang bot using a differnt version of clang?

Alex Clarke

Nov 16, 2017, 3:34:48 AM11/16/17
to chromium-dev
Patch https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/771631 compiled on the other bots but not win_clang.  This suggests it's using a different version of clang. Is that the case? If so can we get it to use the same version as the other bots?

Alex Clarke

Nov 16, 2017, 3:41:26 AM11/16/17
to chromium-dev
Hmm it's actually using cl.exe so I guess it's not actually clang, I guess I'm confused now!

Yuta Kitamura

Nov 16, 2017, 3:42:15 AM11/16/17
to Alex Clarke, chromium-dev
AFAIK, currently win_clang builds with MSVC (since clang-cl is enabled by default). So, I suppose what you got is MSVC's compile error.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 5:33 PM, 'Alex Clarke' via Chromium-dev <chromi...@chromium.org> wrote:
Patch https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/771631 compiled on the other bots but not win_clang.  This suggests it's using a different version of clang. Is that the case? If so can we get it to use the same version as the other bots?

Dirk Pranke

Nov 16, 2017, 12:10:34 PM11/16/17
to Yuta Kitamura, Alex Clarke, chromium-dev
Yes, win_clang is actually, confusingly, using MSVC (the roles flipped when we turned on clang by default).

In order to get rid of that confusion, we're getting rid of win_clang; last night we flipped the builder in the CQ from win_clang to win-msvc-rel. Assuming I manage to go a day without bungling configurations again, we'll remove win_clang altogether shortly :)

-- Dirk