How To Allow Microphone for local ip in chrome ?

prasanth Surya

Feb 21, 2018, 12:51:01 PM2/21/18
to Chromium-dev
i am hosting my page inside the sdcard of arduino , i have implemented web speech api feature in that,however when i test my site using 127.0.0.1/project-X , everything works perfect, but when i use 192.168.1.4(which is same machine) or 192.168.1.10 (which is other laptop having WAMP) chrome does not allow the microphone ? i have also tried to start chrome using different flags found on google but none of them worked. What to do ? i just want chrome to allow using microphone from local ip also !

Keith I Myers

Feb 21, 2018, 1:49:53 PM2/21/18
to prasan...@outlook.com, Chromium-dev
From my understanding, you will need to setup a self-singed SSL Certificate on the WAMP server to use this API

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:32 AM, prasanth Surya <prasan...@outlook.com> wrote:
i am hosting my page inside the sdcard of arduino , i have implemented web speech api feature in that,however when i test my site using 127.0.0.1/project-X , everything works perfect, but when i use 192.168.1.4(which is same machine) or 192.168.1.10 (which is other laptop having WAMP) chrome does not allow the microphone ? i have also tried to start chrome using different flags found on google but none of them worked. What to do ? i just want chrome to allow using microphone from local ip also !

Keith I Myers
https://Technical.chat - a Forum for All Things Tech

PhistucK

Feb 22, 2018, 2:55:54 AM2/22/18