PSA: Yes, the Gerrit/Git servers are down

Dirk Pranke

Nov 16, 2017, 6:38:25 PM11/16/17
to chromium-dev
Hi all,

The Gerrit/Git servers are currently down for the chromium repos (and a few other things). We're working on getting them back, and will keep you posted.

-- Dirk

Dirk Pranke

Nov 16, 2017, 7:43:36 PM11/16/17
to chromium-dev
Update: it looks like they have recovered. You should be able to work locally again, and we are slowly re-adding traffic on the bots and watching.

-- Dirk

Hiroki Nakagawa

Nov 16, 2017, 9:16:03 PM11/16/17
to dpr...@chromium.org, chromium-dev
Thank you for working on this.

Looks like the servers are down again. I cannot upload a new CL to the Gerrit because of 500 Internal Server Error.

Hiroki Nakagawa

Nov 16, 2017, 9:22:31 PM11/16/17
to dpr...@chromium.org, chromium-dev
'git-cl upload' started working again :)

Dirk Pranke

Nov 16, 2017, 10:17:13 PM11/16/17
to Hiroki Nakagawa, chromium-dev
Things should be mostly okay now.

Note that "mostly okay" means "still kinda buggy". The ongoing issues we've been having with the Git servers (slow performance, intermittent errors) are, well, ongoing, and the team is continuing to work on them.

Thanks,

-- Dirk

Matt Giuca

Nov 22, 2017, 7:49:31 PM11/22/17
to dpr...@chromium.org, Hiroki Nakagawa, chromium-dev
All bots are currently experiencing update failures contacting the Git servers. Could be related?

Dirk Pranke

Nov 22, 2017, 7:53:59 PM11/22/17
to Matt Giuca, Hiroki Nakagawa, chromium-dev
No, this appears to be an unrelated thing due to a bad infra CL that we're in mid-revert on :(.

-- Dirk