RE: [chromium-dev] Abridged summary of chromium-dev@chromium.org - 14 updates in 10 topics

starkey.te

Aug 15, 2017, 5:07:44 AM8/15/17
to chromi...@chromium.org
Yes

Sent from my Samsung Gear

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/14/17 8:05 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Abridged recipients <chromi...@chromium.org>
Subject: [chromium-dev] Abridged summary of chromi...@chromium.org - 14 updates in 10 topics

毕然 <bir...@gmail.com>: Aug 13 07:24PM -0700

Hi all,

I am developing Chromium Safe Browsing. But I am confused about the Android
app behavior. There is a SafeBrowsingApiBridge in Java code. However,
the sHandler is always a null pointer. ...more
Nathan Parker <npa...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 09:51PM

Correct, mostly. Chrome/Chromium requires an API provided by GMS
<https://developer.android.com/training/safebrowsing/index.html> to check
for harmful URLs. Currently, the Java code that calls that ...more
Sean McCullough <seanmcc...@google.com>: Aug 14 02:27PM -0700

If you don’t sheriff the Chromium tree with Sheriff-o-Matic, you can stop
reading.

TL;DR: In sheriff-o-matic <https://sheriff-o-matic.appspot.com> you can now
click on “Δ” links next to a ...more
Julie Parent <jpa...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 02:12PM -0700

+infra-dev

Reminder: We plan to remove these pages in one week.

...more
Daniel Cheng <dch...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 07:41PM

Are there special things I need to do to get this to work? Simply doing the
obvious thing (checking out the revision + gclient sync) doesn't appear to
work:

Error 1:

src/third_party/libyuv ...more
Dirk Pranke <dpr...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 01:49PM -0700

Error #1 has to do with trying to use a tip-of-tree gclient against a very
old rev of chromium.

You might try --disable-syntax-validation, but I'm not sure even with that
flag it'll work, and you ...more
Daniel Cheng <dch...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 09:01PM

> You might try --disable-syntax-validation, but I'm not sure even with that
> flag it'll work, and you probably need to roll back
> to an older gclient (and then disable the auto-update).
...more
Ken Rockot <roc...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 10:11AM -0700

I see there is currently no usage of this in the tree, and I would like to
introduce some. To my surprise I can find no evidence of prior discussion.

What's the deal? Can we use it? If not, is ...more
Nico Weber <tha...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 01:25PM -0400

(moving to cxx@ per http://chromium-cpp.appspot.com/)

...more
Paul <acp.m...@gmail.com>: Aug 14 08:58AM -0700

Hi all

Just been exploring Windows 10 Home on a new box I bought. In its vanilla
version font rendering overall is poor. MS in addressing this in the
Creator Update have a fix on a per ...more
igo...@chromium.org: Aug 14 07:40AM -0700

Have there been any recent changes in presubmit scripts?

I'm trying to commit the policy_templates.json file and get an error.
Following is the changes:
--- ...more
John Abd-El-Malek <j...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 07:11AM -0700

Heads-up that we're turning this on at 100% now. Trunk is still on by
default, although main waterfall + CQ runs with PlzNavigate. In the next
few days we'll flip trunk and switch the PlzNavigate ...more
Taiju Tsuiki <tz...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 11:13AM

I'd +1 to moving it to //base.

There are at least three callback wrappers for sequence-affinity [1,2,3],
and at least 5 wrappers for destruction hook [4,5,6,7,8]. That indicates ...more
Emma Soederberg <em...@chromium.org>: Aug 14 09:13AM +0200

Signal boost: If you haven't responded to the survey and would like to
please do so today.

I'll summarize the response on this thread tomorrow.

Thanks,
Emma

...more