Re: [blink-dev] Layout Tests Crashing on Windows

dan...@chromium.org

Aug 29, 2016, 7:43:20 PM8/29/16
to Jochen Eisinger, chromium-dev, g...@chromium.org, Bruce Dawson, Nektarios Paisios, Daniel Cheng, Dominic Mazzoni, blink-dev, Will Harris
I get this same DCHECK crash when I build and run chromium with a fresh checkout on Windows. What am I doing wrong, or what is missing from the windows build instructions?

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Jochen Eisinger <joc...@chromium.org> wrote:
you can pass --additional-drt-flag=--no-sandbox to run-webkit-tests

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 8:06 PM 'Nektarios Paisios' via blink-dev <blin...@chromium.org> wrote:
Yes, the workaround is fine.
The bug will need to be fixed though because if you want to run more than one test with the script under Tools/scripts/ it's not going to work. I think that the bug that Daniel mentions is the right one. I can verify that the bug description matches what I am observing.

Nektarios.

On 3/23/2015 6:09 PM, Daniel Cheng wrote:

The Win 8 sandbox problems might be related to https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/m/#!topic/blink-dev/QIVeY78_P4E

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015, 06:03 Dominic Mazzoni <dmaz...@chromium.org> wrote:
Thanks. OK, so this works for me now - I needed --no-sandbox and to pass the full path to the test for it to work. Nektarios, does it work for you?

out\Debug\content_shell.exe --no-sandbox --run-layout-test d:\src\chrome\src\third_party\WebKit\LayoutTests\accessibility\aria-hidden.html > out.txt

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Daniel Cheng <dch...@chromium.org> wrote:

scottmg@ on a previous thread about the lack of output:
It's getting eaten because of https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=358267 . If you run as `blah.exe >out.txt` you should get output in that file, annoyingly enough.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015, 04:23 Dominic Mazzoni <dmaz...@chromium.org> wrote:
I'm trying to reproduce too, and I can't get Blink tests to run on Windows either. If I try to use Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests I get:

    Failed to register Ahem font

I found third_party\WebKit\Source\web\tests\data\Ahem.ttf and installed it, but that didn't help. I'm on Windows 8.1.

If I try to run content_shell.exe --run-layout-test directly, I don't see any output. If I run it under windbg, it breaks on TerminateProcess. Is there some trick to viewing the output of content_shell.exe on Windows? I tried --single-process and --no-sandbox, those didn't help.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:04 PM, 'Nektarios Paisios' via blink-dev <blin...@chromium.org> wrote:
Is anybody else running into this issue?
I am using Win 7 and Blink code at head compiled with:
ninja -C out/Debug blink_tests
Nektarios.

dan...@chromium.org

Aug 29, 2016, 8:35:34 PM8/29/16
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 4:42 PM, <dan...@chromium.org> wrote:
I get this same DCHECK crash when I build and run chromium with a fresh checkout on Windows. What am I doing wrong, or what is missing from the windows build instructions?

I figured out what this error was.

go/syzygy-dev instructs to do "mklink /d src d:\src" to get a c:\src. But the sandbox explodes when you then try to run c:\src\...\chrome.exe. It works for d:\src\...\chrome.exe. Unfortunately I can't edit those instructions, but for future wayfarers, the c:\src link is completely unnecessary and we should just work in d:\src if that is your SSD.