Syncing back to ~r230000

Daniel Cheng

Aug 14, 2017, 3:43:21 PM8/14/17
to Chromium-dev
Are there special things I need to do to get this to work? Simply doing the obvious thing (checking out the revision + gclient sync) doesn't appear to work:

Error 1:
src/third_party/libyuv (ERROR)
[0:00:04] Started.
[0:00:05] Up-to-date; skipping checkout.
_____ src/third_party/libyuv at d36d2606fc7c9d719190676740b4d7b0cc53942f
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient.py", line 2502, in <module>
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient.py", line 2488, in main
    return dispatcher.execute(OptionParser(), argv)
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/subcommand.py", line 252, in execute
    return command(parser, args[1:])
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient.py", line 2243, in CMDsync
    ret = client.RunOnDeps('update', args)
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient.py", line 1436, in RunOnDeps
    work_queue.flush(revision_overrides, command, args, options=self._options)
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient_utils.py", line 1050, in run
    self.item.run(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient.py", line 889, in run
    self.ParseDepsFile()
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient.py", line 689, in ParseDepsFile
    gclient_eval.Exec(deps_content, global_scope, local_scope, filepath)
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient_eval.py", line 209, in Exec
    _visit_in_module(stmt)
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient_eval.py", line 193, in _visit_in_module
    value = _gclient_eval(node.value, global_scope, filename=filename)
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient_eval.py", line 173, in _gclient_eval
    return _convert(node_or_string)
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient_eval.py", line 146, in _convert
    for k, v in zip(node.keys, node.values))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/collections.py", line 52, in __init__
    self.__update(*args, **kwds)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_abcoll.py", line 547, in update
    for key, value in other:
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient_eval.py", line 146, in <genexpr>
    for k, v in zip(node.keys, node.values))
  File "/usr/local/google/home/dcheng/src/depot_tools/gclient_eval.py", line 163, in _convert
    return global_scope[node.func.id](*args)
KeyError: 'File'

Error 2:
Something about some SHA1 hash not being a valid revision in third_party/leveldatabase.

Daniel

Dirk Pranke

Aug 14, 2017, 4:51:51 PM8/14/17
to Daniel Cheng, Chromium-dev
Error #1 has to do with trying to use a tip-of-tree gclient against a very old rev of chromium.

You might try --disable-syntax-validation, but I'm not sure even with that flag it'll work, and you probably need to roll back
to an older gclient (and then disable the auto-update).

Without knowing what the hash is, I can't really debug error #2 :). I do know that sometimes it's hard to find working
revisions and so you might try hopping forward or backward a bit. I don't know why things don't always work, but, for
example, remember not every revision is guaranteed to even compile, even if the infra was fine (I'm not saying that's
what's going on here or even the most likely culprit).

-- Dirk

Daniel Cheng

Aug 14, 2017, 5:02:55 PM8/14/17
to Dirk Pranke, Chromium-dev
On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 1:50 PM Dirk Pranke <dpr...@chromium.org> wrote:
Error #1 has to do with trying to use a tip-of-tree gclient against a very old rev of chromium.

You might try --disable-syntax-validation, but I'm not sure even with that flag it'll work, and you probably need to roll back
to an older gclient (and then disable the auto-update).

I did sync depot_tools back to an older version, but rsesek@ also pointed out that I forgot to pin it =)

I wasn't able to fix the leveldb error, so I approximated what gclient sync does by manually syncing any broken deps (that gyp_chromium was complaing about) to around that time frame. I probably missed a few though, and in the end, I had to:
- disable -Werror
- comment out random stuff in ssl (this is safe, right? =)
- comment trace viewer out of the build
- comment out a few other randomly broken things

and it "worked" (after I remembered that I was fork bombing myself since I forgot to pass the goma option to gyp...)

Daniel

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.

Aug 18, 2017, 8:07:29 AM8/18/17
to Daniel Cheng, Dirk Pranke, Chromium-dev
Looks like support for File() was removed about a year ago, in https://codereview.chromium.org/2404413002 (d437d76b64e083f2fb2ff3a7b38638d06642e270). I'm including this info to help others who may find this in the archives. :)

One thing to try when a revision is missing is --with_branch_heads. If you're still experiencing errors, please just provide more information as requested (chromium and depot_tools revisions to use, precise repro steps, exact error message).

Paweł

Nico Weber

Aug 18, 2017, 10:07:54 AM8/18/17
On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Daniel Cheng <dch...@chromium.org> wrote:
[...]

(Note that we remove older compilers from goma's backend every few months. So if you enable goma for an old build, chances are that goma's still falling back to local compiles for every single TU, which might explain why you had to change things. The reason you didn't fork bomb in that case is because gomacc rate-limits if it notices lots of local fallbacks. If you try again without goma, it's possible things build with less local hacker. Having said that, I don't remember if we had a hermetic compiler back then, so if you just use system gcc, all bets are off. But iirc we didn't enable -Werror before we didn't have a hermetic compiler.)

jiang Han

Jan 3, 2018, 9:45:58 PM1/3/18
to Chromium-dev, dch...@chromium.org, dpr...@chromium.org
Why do get the old version chromium is so hard? I want to get the chromium with 33.0.1750.170. firest error is "reference is not a tree" in third_party openssl,and then other third_party xxx ...when I use git fetch origin commit_hash fix it. this error is show! again and again!.please help me solve the error.

Christian Biesinger

Jan 3, 2018, 11:00:55 PM1/3/18
to php...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, Daniel Cheng, Dirk Pranke
Make sure you are using "gclient sync --with_branch_heads"

Christian