Code Search for Chromium Survey: We want to hear your thoughts!

已查看 89 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

em...@chromium.org

未读,
2016年8月31日 03:00:342016/8/31
收件人 chromi...@chromium.org
Google Forms
Hi,

The Chrome infrastructure team would like to learn more about your experience with Code Search for Chromium. Please take a moment to give us feedback to help us make the service better and to work on features most important to you.

Thanks,
Emma
Code Search for Chromium Survey
The Chrome infrastructure team would like to know more about your experience with code search for Chromium and how you think we can make it better.
FILL OUT FORM
Create your own Google Form

Holger

未读,
2016年8月31日 11:43:012016/8/31
收件人 Chromium-dev、em...@chromium.org

Right now this seems to be a Google internal survey :(
Any plans on making it public or creating a public equivalent? :D

Matthew Menke

未读,
2016年8月31日 16:10:232016/8/31
收件人 Chromium-dev、em...@chromium.org
Hrm...  I can access it with my chromium.org account, so maybe it's currently restricted to those?

pdknsk

未读,
2016年8月31日 22:41:062016/8/31
收件人 Chromium-dev
I like it. Really makes me wish Google would buy GitHub already to replace its incredibly poor search with CS.

Emma Soederberg

未读,
2016年9月1日 00:17:492016/9/1
收件人 pdk...@gmail.com、Chromium-dev

Yes, it is currently restricted to chromium.org. I'll investigate if that can be changed.

On Sep 1, 2016 4:41 AM, "pdknsk" <pdk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I like it. Really makes me wish Google would buy GitHub already to replace its incredibly poor search with CS.

Emma Soederberg

未读,
2016年9月2日 02:10:362016/9/2
收件人 pdk...@gmail.com、Chromium-dev
Hi,

If you want to give us feedback on code search for Chromium, but don't have a chromium.org account, please fill in this non-restricted version of the survey.

If you have a chromium.org account, please use the first survey link
on this thread.
Thanks,
Emma

Holger

未读,
2016年9月2日 10:46:212016/9/2
收件人 Chromium-dev、pdk...@gmail.com
Thanks Emma, much appreciated! :)

Emma Soederberg

未读,
2016年9月26日 07:14:552016/9/26
收件人 pdk...@gmail.com、Chromium-dev
Thanks everyone who responded to this survey!

We have put together a plan for code search based on your responses. Please read more on the code search service page.

I've closed the survey, but please reach out to me or the chrome infra team if you would like to share more feedback.

Thanks,
Emma

Alexei Svitkine

未读,
2016年9月26日 11:53:232016/9/26
收件人 em...@chromium.org、Chromium-dev
Hey Emma,

I think I missed a chance to fill out the survey. One specific improvement I'd like to see is improved rendering speed of the histograms.xml file. (src/tools/metrics/histograms/histograms.xml)

Chromium CLs that add or modify metrics make changes to this file and it's often needed to view this file in codesearch during such reviews. (I think there's on the order of ~50 CLs touching histograms.xml a week.)

However, code search would take a long time to render this file - something like 30 seconds or possibly even more. It would be great if this performance could be improved.

(Actually, just checking now - there seems to have been a recent regression that makes the content of this file to not be shown at all, it now simply says "~TOO~LARGE~". I just filed a bug for that specific issue: crbug.com/650280)

Thanks!

Emma Soederberg

未读,
2016年9月26日 14:39:372016/9/26
收件人 Alexei Svitkine、Chromium-dev
Hey Alexei,

Sorry about the survey closing. I kept it open for an extra week or so and it seemed like it had plateaued. Thanks for sending more feedback over email.

I'll have to investigate the file loading issue in more detail. I've recently started working on code search and need to check around for what may have caused a regression and also how we might speed things up. I've labelled the bug as a stability bug to give it some priority.

Thanks,
Emma
回复全部
回复作者