why chrome only requires "GLIBC_2.11"

joker

May 4, 2014, 11:36:38 PM5/4/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Does chrome build on ubuntu 12.04 for linux?
Ubuntu 12.04 provide "GLIBC_2.15" now, but why chrome only requires "GLIBC_2.11" ?
My build and chromium-browser in the repository requires "GLIBC_2.15".

Thiago Farina

May 4, 2014, 11:47:15 PM5/4/14
to 李少杰, Chromium-dev
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM, joker <sslik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does chrome build on ubuntu 12.04 for linux?
Yes, it does. I build on it daily. I think some of our bots also build on that version yet.

--
Thiago Farina
Message has been deleted

joker

May 5, 2014, 2:20:15 AM5/5/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, 李少杰
which version of glibc does your build requires? Is that 2.11?

在 2014年5月5日星期一UTC+8上午11时47分15秒,Thiago Farina写道:

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.

May 5, 2014, 6:10:31 AM5/5/14
to sslik...@gmail.com, chromium-dev
Well, is it a bad thing? If so, why?

We build with a Debian 7 sysroot, and I think that's where the difference comes from.

Paweł

joker

May 5, 2014, 6:32:41 AM5/5/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, sslik...@gmail.com, phajd...@chromium.org
ooh, i got it!
I build with a ubuntu lucid sysroot before and it can run with Debian 7, but now,
Debian 7 provides GLIBC_2.11 but my build requires GLIBC_2.15(build with ubuntu 12.04).
thanks! I will try with Debian 7 sysroot.
p.s. the script src/build/install-build-deps.sh may mislead others...

joker

May 6, 2014, 11:24:31 PM5/6/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, sslik...@gmail.com, phajd...@chromium.org
When i build with a wheezy sysroot, "gclient runhooks" error with "src/tools/gn/bin/linux/gn requires GLIBC_2.15".
Does the gn binary requires glibc 2.15 anyway?

在 2014年5月5日星期一UTC+8下午6时10分31秒,Paweł Hajdan, Jr.写道:

Lei Zhang

May 7, 2014, 1:11:41 AM5/7/14
to 李少杰, Chromium-dev, Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
Are you on an older branch? If so, you might have hit bug 327617. My
gn doesn't require GLIBC_2.15.

joker

May 7, 2014, 1:38:06 AM5/7/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, 李少杰, Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
yeah...my last sync time is  Dec 2013.
As it's poor speed  access the codebase, i can't sync too often.
Is there any independent patch to bug 327617?

在 2014年5月7日星期三UTC+8下午1时11分41秒,Lei Zhang写道:

Lei Zhang

May 7, 2014, 2:59:09 AM5/7/14
to 李少杰, Chromium-dev, Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
You can get a more recent copy of tools/gn/bin/linux/gn.sha1 and run
download_from_google_storage with it. See the DEPS file for how
download_from_google_storage is used.

Thiago Farina

May 7, 2014, 11:28:46 AM5/7/14
to Lei Zhang, 李少杰, Chromium-dev, Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM, Lei Zhang <the...@chromium.org> wrote:
You can get a more recent copy of tools/gn/bin/linux/gn.sha1 and run
download_from_google_storage with it. See the DEPS file for how
download_from_google_storage is used.

The README file has the instructions of how to download gn from GS.

--
Thiago Farina

Stephen Cheng

Dec 28, 2014, 3:47:32 PM12/28/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, sslik...@gmail.com, phajd...@chromium.org
I am running into the same issue when running my Chromium build on Debian 7. Is there any instruction page on Chromium website regarding how to build with Debian sysroot?

Thanks for the information.

Stephen.

Lei Zhang

Jan 5, 2015, 2:41:36 PM1/5/15
to Shanfeng Cheng, Chromium-dev, 李少杰, Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
Run chrome/installer/linux/sysroot_scripts/install-debian.wheezy.sysroot.py
with the appropriate switches. Make sure it downloads the Debian
sysroot to chrome/installer/linux/debian_wheezy_$ARCH-sysroot. Then
update the sysroot variable in build/common.gypi, re-run gyp and
rebuild.

Shanfeng Cheng

Jan 5, 2015, 4:38:27 PM1/5/15
to Lei Zhang, chromium-dev, sslikewater, phajdan.jr
Thanks for the info. I modified the install-debian.wheezy.sysroot.py and common.gypi and then got it to build correctly with debian sysroot.

Stphen Cheng