Enable Chromium Safe Browsing

毕然

Aug 13, 2017, 10:24:06 PM8/13/17
to Chromium-dev
Hi all,

I am developing Chromium Safe Browsing. But I am confused about the Android app behavior. There is a SafeBrowsingApiBridge in Java code. However, the sHandler is always a null pointer. I saw comments in native code:

    // Mark all requests as safe. Only users who have an old, broken GMSCore or
    // have sideloaded Chrome w/o PlayStore should land here.

So only chrome from PlayStore can support Safebrowsing while chromium not?
If I want to support that in chromium, what can I do?

Thanks,
Ran

Nathan Parker

Aug 14, 2017, 5:53:34 PM8/14/17
to bir...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, Varun Khaneja
Correct, mostly. Chrome/Chromium requires an API provided by GMS to check for harmful URLs. Currently, the Java code that calls that API is internal (Chrome only) since it uses some additional 1st-party APIs.  But it's certainly possible to write a Chromium version that just calls the 3rd party API linked above.

What's your use case?  You will also need a API key that's properly whitelisted from Google Safe Browsing.

 -- Nathan

毕然

Aug 29, 2017, 5:14:04 AM8/29/17
to Chromium-dev, bir...@gmail.com, va...@chromium.org
Thanks, got it!

Thanks,
Ran

在 2017年8月15日星期二 UTC+8上午5:53:34,N Parker写道: