Chrome Git migration is not happening this Friday, new date is TBD

Chase Phillips

Apr 23, 2014, 8:18:04 PM4/23/14
to Chromium-dev, blin...@chromium.org

Hi everyone,

We have not completed key goals for the Chrome Git switch so flag day will not happen on April 25th or May 2nd.  We will pick a flag day when we complete these open items:

Web-based Git blame usability:

Based on your feedback we realized that there were still areas of blame to be improved.  Since the previous thread, we improved web-based Git blame performance and usability.  Here are some examples:

Revision numbers:

Prior to last week, we expected the Git workflow/tools to be sufficient for the team.  However, we continue to receive feedback from those that rely on SVN revision numbers.  We are weighing possible solutions to this problem.

Finally, before flag day, all bots need to use a Git checkout and some docs are left to write.  Expect another update once we complete this work.  Thanks!

Chase