Does anyone use Gerrit "notifications"

Andrew Grieve

Jun 15, 2018, 10:10:32 AM6/15/18
to chromium-dev
I noticed this under settings, and tried to set one up for:
project: chromium
query: file:^.*\.md$
trigger: submits

However, I don't seem to be getting any emails for markdown commits (had a teammate test one).

Does anyone use this feature?

Torne (Richard Coles)

Jun 15, 2018, 10:45:35 AM6/15/18
to agr...@chromium.org, chromium-dev
If I remember correctly it used to be the case that file queries didn't work for notifications on at least the android gerrit? Does it work if you only use other criteria?

Michael Moss

Jun 15, 2018, 11:07:03 AM6/15/18
to Torne (Richard Coles), agr...@chromium.org, chromium-dev

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 10:09 am Andrew Grieve, <agr...@chromium.org> wrote:
I noticed this under settings, and tried to set one up for:
project: chromium

Shouldn't this be "project: chromium/src" (assuming you're talking about changes in the src.git repo)?

query: file:^.*\.md$
trigger: submits

However, I don't seem to be getting any emails for markdown commits (had a teammate test one).

Does anyone use this feature?

Andrew Grieve

Jun 15, 2018, 11:33:30 AM6/15/18
to Michael Moss, Torne (Richard Coles), Andrew Grieve, chromium-dev
On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 11:05 AM, Michael Moss <mm...@chromium.org> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Torne (Richard Coles) <to...@chromium.org> wrote:
If I remember correctly it used to be the case that file queries didn't work for notifications on at least the android gerrit? Does it work if you only use other criteria?

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 10:09 am Andrew Grieve, <agr...@chromium.org> wrote:
I noticed this under settings, and tried to set one up for:
project: chromium

Shouldn't this be "project: chromium/src" (assuming you're talking about changes in the src.git repo)?
Ah! Looks like that's probably true (at least chromium/src was in the autocomplete).
Will report back in a few days to see if this worked :)

Andrew Grieve

Jun 20, 2018, 3:29:03 PM6/20/18
to Andrew Grieve, Michael Moss, Torne (Richard Coles), chromium-dev
Looks like project:chromium/src made no difference (still not emails about commits).
I can't see any other search operators that might allow matching files.

Luckily - I've thought of another tool that could allow me to stay up-to-date on markdown changes: running "git log" once a week :).

Nico Weber

Jun 20, 2018, 3:33:22 PM6/20/18
to Andrew Grieve, Michael Moss, Torne (Richard Coles), Chromium-dev
Does src/WATCHLISTS not do what you want?

Andrew Grieve

Jun 20, 2018, 3:45:24 PM6/20/18
to Nico Weber, Andrew Grieve, Michael Moss, Torne (Richard Coles), Chromium-dev
I mainly just don't want to know about every patchset / comment on the reviews.