53.0.2785.90 could not build normally

yupeng zhang

Aug 30, 2016, 11:09:23 PM8/30/16
to Chromium-dev
@echo off
set DEPOT_TOOLS_WIN_TOOLCHAIN=0
set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2015
set GYP_GENERATORS=ninja,msvs-ninja
set GYP_CHROMIUM_NO_ACTION=1

pushd src
call python build\util\lastchange.py -o build\util\LASTCHANGE
call gn gen out\Debug --args="is_official_build = true is_chrome_branded = false is_debug = false remove_webcore_debug_symbols = true target_cpu= \"x86\" enable_nacl = false is_component_build = true"  --ide=vs
popd

LINK : /LTCG specified but no code generation required; remove /LTCG from the link command line to improve linker performance
blink_core.dll.lib(blink_core.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall blink::Supplement<class blink::WorkerClients>::Supplement<class blink::WorkerClients>(void)" (??0?$Supplement@VWorkerClients@blink@@@blink@@QAE@XZ) already defined in IDBFactory.obj
./blink_modules.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

who can help me? Thanks in advance.

葛光乐

Aug 31, 2016, 2:00:33 AM8/31/16
to unive...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
As Release, set
is_component_build = false

Try it.

-- guangle

yupeng zhang

Aug 31, 2016, 9:14:25 PM8/31/16
to Chromium-dev
OK, thank you, I'll try it. :)

在 2016年8月31日星期三 UTC+8上午11:09:23,yupeng zhang写道:

Bruce

Sep 1, 2016, 4:07:00 PM9/1/16
to Chromium-dev
Should we make official component builds officially impossible? This CL adds an assert to do that

https://codereview.chromium.org/2301213002

If this combination is supported elsewhere then the check could be made Windows specific, but it doesn't seem like a desirable combination to support.

yupeng zhang

Sep 5, 2016, 1:07:27 AM9/5/16
to Chromium-dev
Thanks for your reply. In my opinion, I'd like if support official-component in debug mode will be perfect.

Why?

As when we develop or do some experiments when is_official=true is_component=false it'll full link result in Microsoft Incremental Linker stop working

if in debug mode enable is_official and is_component it's perfect in my opinion. :P

在 2016年9月2日星期五 UTC+8上午4:07:00,Bruce写道:

Greg Thompson

Sep 5, 2016, 8:40:57 AM9/5/16
to unive...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
The general recommendation is that is_official=true should only be used when producing an "official" build to be shipped to users. For general development, make a non-official debug or release build.

Bruce Dawson

Sep 6, 2016, 4:01:17 PM9/6/16
to g...@chromium.org, unive...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
I agree with Greg.

And, if you do need to make a local official build (perhaps to investigate a bug that only occurs in official builds, or to do profiling that is only relevant in official builds) then you should be prepared for much longer link times. And, you should try mixing official builds with debug or component builds - this is illogical and contradictory.

If you still want to support is_official=true with debug or component builds then please give more details on what it is you are trying to accomplish.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Chromium-dev" group.

yupeng zhang

Sep 8, 2016, 3:45:24 AM9/8/16
to Chromium-dev, g...@chromium.org, unive...@gmail.com
OK thank you for your reply

在 2016年9月7日星期三 UTC+8上午4:01:17,Bruce Dawson写道:

yupeng zhang

Sep 8, 2016, 3:46:22 AM9/8/16
to Chromium-dev, unive...@gmail.com
Yes. Thank you

在 2016年9月5日星期一 UTC+8下午8:40:57,Greg Thompson写道: