Link error only in dbg builds?

Brendan Burns

Apr 28, 2016, 6:34:55 PM4/28/16
to Chromium-dev
Hey Folks,
I have a CL I'm trying to get merged:

But it is failing to link for dbg builds.

I've pounded my head against it for a while but no insights.  It feels like I've failed to put a header or a cpp file in a build file or something, but I'm stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas/experience with how to debug a build error like this?

Thanks!
--brendan

Dana Jansens

Apr 28, 2016, 6:40:32 PM4/28/16
to bbu...@google.com, Chromium-dev
Debug builds use component build. TextCodec is not being marked as exported so it isn't available in test build targets, I'm assuming TextCodecTest is in another component.

ps. You should reeeeally use component build locally it's way faster, for release or debug!

Brendan Burns

Apr 28, 2016, 6:41:04 PM4/28/16
to Dana Jansens, Chromium-dev
thanks for the fast reply.  What do I need to do to mark it exported?

Dana Jansens

Apr 28, 2016, 6:45:28 PM4/28/16
to Brendan Burns, Chromium-dev
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Brendan Burns <bbu...@google.com> wrote:
thanks for the fast reply.  What do I need to do to mark it exported?

Brendan Burns

Apr 28, 2016, 6:45:58 PM4/28/16
to Dana Jansens, Chromium-dev
cool, thanks!