Problems launching perf try jobs

Chris Palmer

Jan 12, 2018, 6:34:05 PM1/12/18
to Chromium-dev
Looking at this documentation:

and trying to use Pinpoint

I find I am confused. :) First,

"""
To see the currently supported platofrms, click the “configuration” dropdown on the dialog.
"""

It's not a dropdown, it's a text area. It'd be great if it were a dropdown. :)

Second, I can't seem to start a job. I fill in the Gerrit URL, the configuration, and my test (speedometer), and I get this response:

"""
Job undefined
Invalid job id.
"""

Surely, I'm holding it wrong, but how?

So, I fall back to trying to launch from the command line:

```
$ tools/perf/run_benchmark trybot all-win speedometer

Running try job....
        Repo Name: src
        Branch: enable-canary-in-prod
```

However, no new yellow/in-progress bot job shows up at that URL. (I do have some old ones that are done/green/red/purple... I got lucky once and the above command line did work.)

Thanks for any clues.

Oystein Eftevaag

Jan 12, 2018, 6:50:16 PM1/12/18
to pal...@chromium.org, simon...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev

simon...@chromium.org

Jan 15, 2018, 1:40:02 PM1/15/18
to Chromium-dev, pal...@chromium.org, simon...@chromium.org, Dave Tu
+dtu

Looks like I managed to post the new docs without deploying a newer version, sorry! The dropdown box should be there now. Using the arguments you mentioned, I started a job here: https://pinpoint-dot-chromeperf.appspot.com/job/14dc4b7f040000

Dialog is still rough around the edges, we're working on making the error messages better as well. If you have any more issues, definitely reach out to me or Dave, and file bugs here: https://github.com/catapult-project/catapult/issues

Chris Palmer

Jan 22, 2018, 2:22:47 PM1/22/18
to Simon Hatch, Chromium-dev, Dave Tu
Thank you, Simon! That is helpful. :)

Chris Palmer

Jan 22, 2018, 2:25:35 PM1/22/18
to Simon Hatch, Chromium-dev, Dave Tu
Hmm, I'm still getting "Invalid Job ID" when I try to create a job. I'm fully on board with the PEBKAC hypothesis ;) but I don't know what my error is.

simon...@chromium.org

Jan 22, 2018, 2:37:33 PM1/22/18
to Chromium-dev, simon...@chromium.org, d...@chromium.org
For anybody else, it was a login issue. There's a login button top right but it's not clear you need to be, and we have an open issue to surface an error message to clarify you can't send a perf try job until you're logged in.

Dale Curtis

Mar 1, 2018, 8:41:46 PM3/1/18
to simon...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev, d...@chromium.org
I'm still getting the invalid job id message :( I tried logging in with both chromium and google accounts and got the same both times.

I'm trying to launch a perf try job for: