java_staging in src/chrome/android

MinhHoang To

May 28, 2015, 4:57:17 AM5/28/15
to chromi...@chromium.org

I am curious about the fact  that we have two folders named java_staging and java under src/chrome/android. What is the purpose of having 'java_staging' here?

--
Minh Hoang TO

MWork Corporation

Anton Vayvod

May 28, 2015, 5:41:52 AM5/28/15
to MinhHoang To, chromium-dev, Newton Allen
+Newton, the director of the Chrome for Android upstreaming effort

The plan is to eventually merge java_staging into java but that might need some refactoring. The staging directories were created to hold the code that was private before and upstreamed Wednesday last week.

Newton Allen

May 28, 2015, 2:08:27 PM5/28/15
to ava...@chromium.org, MinhHoang To, chromium-dev
Right. java_staging and java will be merged soon (probably within a few weeks). There's no conceptual difference between them at this point.