are IPC messages delivered in the same order they are sent?

Bryan McQuade

Aug 25, 2015, 3:38:57 PM8/25/15
to Chromium-dev
Does Chromium's IPC subsystem deliver IPCs in the same order that they are sent, for IPCs sent between the same two processes?

For example, if I send two IPCs from the main thread in a render process to a receiver in the browser process, will those IPCs always arrive at the receiver in the browser process in the same order that they were sent?

If it makes a difference, in my case I'm using routed IPC messages.

Thanks,
Bryan

Anand

Aug 25, 2015, 11:14:37 PM8/25/15
to Chromium-dev
My understanding is yes, and there are some things that depend on this (can't tell you what they are off the top of my head).

Darin Fisher

Aug 25, 2015, 11:20:15 PM8/25/15
to Anand K. Mistry, Chromium-dev

Yes, order is preserved in this case.