CreateMutex failed error on chromium windows PGO build

Pan Jie

Nov 15, 2017, 9:07:44 PM11/15/17
to Chromium-dev
error msg:
IrtClientInitShared: CreateMutex failed

build environment: vs2017 community edition + win10

gn args is:

target_cpu = "x64"
is_debug = false
is_component_build = false
is_official_build = true
chrome_pgo_phase = 1
treat_warnings_as_errors = false
is_clang = false

google_api_key= xxx
google_default_client_id=xxx
google_default_client_secret=xxx
error.png
Message has been deleted

bruce...@chromium.org

Feb 6, 2018, 8:08:11 PM2/6/18
to Chromium-dev
PGO builds are a three stage process - build chromium with chrome_pgo_phase=1, run profiles, then build chromium again with chrome_pgo_phase=2. This is the sort of thing that should normally only be done on a build machine when you are ready to ship a production build. I don't know if PGO is supported with VS 2017 community edition. That is probably the root cause of the failure.

So, don't set chrome_pgo_phase. Also be aware that official builds - especially if using VC++ - can take a really long time to build.

If the problem persists then you will need to debug Chromium, using windbg or VS.

What are you trying to do?

Daniel Bratell

Feb 7, 2018, 9:56:03 AM2/7/18
to Chromium-dev, bruce...@chromium.org
This particular error you see if you try to run an instrumented binary inside a sandbox. There might be other reasons as well, but that is my first guess and adding --no-sandbox should allow you to get further.

/Daniel

/* Opera Software, Linköping, Sweden: CET (UTC+1) */