Does pdf_enable_xfa_tiff is enabled in pdfium for official chrome builds (not chromium)

lael.c...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 7:12:42 PM12/12/17
to Chromium-dev
Just a simple question, but I couldn’t find a valid test case, nor I could find how to use Ghostscript for generating them (though I’m more interested in a test case because this isn’t the only reader I want to test).

Lei Zhang

Dec 12, 2017, 8:30:18 PM12/12/17
to lael.c...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
The pdf_enable_xfa_tiff GN variable is set to true by default, but XFA
is not enabled in any Chrome or Chromium builds by default, so the
value of pdf_enable_xfa_tiff does not matter.
> --
> --
> "Chromium-dev" group.
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/6cc44e88-bb43-4977-bf88-30c4b2cd4fa7%40chromium.org.

lael.c...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 10:42:09 PM12/12/17
to Chromium-dev, lael.c...@gmail.com, Lei Zhang
Thank you,

But why libtiff bugs are rewarded through pdfium in the Google chrome reward program given the xfa part isn’t a dependency of Google chrome ? Was is enabled by default sometimes in the past ?

Also, really need a testcase. Very curious that pdfium doesn’t have xfa .pdf files for testing.

Lei Zhang

Dec 12, 2017, 10:59:16 PM12/12/17
to lael.c...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, Andrew R. Whalley
There are numerous XFA PDFs that are not currently viewable in Chrome
/ Chromium's built in PDF viewer. We would like to fix that. To do so
requires a version of PDFium in its XFA-enabled configuration. Thus
the folks who run Chromium's security rewards program decided bugs in
XFA-enabled PDFium are eligible for bug bounties.

Maybe Andrew has more to add on topic.

We've enabled XFA on maybe 1 or 2 Chrome Canary releases, just as an
experiment. You can look at the changelog for
build_overrides/pdfium.gni to see what PDFium flags we flipped in the
past.

lael.c...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 11:00:44 PM12/12/17
to Chromium-dev, lael.c...@gmail.com, awha...@google.com
Thanks again, and as I can see you also have problems for creating valid xfa test cases on images as there aren’t any… isn’t it ? (I really a way to create test cases with images)

lael.c...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 11:03:04 PM12/12/17
to Chromium-dev, Lei Zhang
Thanks again, and as I can see you also have problems for creating valid xfa test cases on images as there aren’t any… isn’t it ? (I really a way to create test cases with images because pdfium isn’t my only problem)

Lei Zhang

Dec 12, 2017, 11:17:31 PM12/12/17
to lael.c...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, Andrew R. Whalley
I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly, but PDFium has test
PDFs and a separate git repo for the tests. This test repo is part of
a standalone PDFium checkout, but not part of the Chromium checkout.
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/ac9498c3-5967-4bd1-86fc-14127b9838cd%40chromium.org.

lael.c...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 11:18:57 PM12/12/17
to Chromium-dev, awha...@google.com, Lei Zhang
Among test cases, I couldn’t find any xfa cases containing pdf images in format like tiff or png.