Chrome 61 WebRTC FIR question

Long Cheng

Oct 15, 2017, 10:24:33 PM10/15/17
to Chromium-dev
Hello,

I am working with a company developing MCU to work with WebRTC. We encountered video freezing after we upgrade Chrome to 61.

After some testing, we think MCU is receiving packets normally but Chrome decoder apparently freezes with packet loss. In previous versions, we have received FIR from Chrome and send back full frame in the freezing scenario. However, in our log from MCU we see no FIR and the video freezes permenantly.

Then we tested Chrome to Chrome scenario. During packet loss, according to the webrtc-internal stats, there are many NACK and some PLI but no FIR at all. Is Chrome deprecating FIR? But I still see it in the SDP.
Unfortunately we haven't implement NACK yet. So in our response SDP, we only listed FIR.

So, my question is in what rule would Chrome generate FIR? How to verify it works? or is FIR still supported in Chrome?

Thanks,
Long Cheng

PhistucK

Oct 16, 2017, 12:34:57 AM10/16/17