Win/Cross build for non-googlers

Claudio deSouza

Jan 11, 2018, 6:33:30 AM1/11/18
to Chromium-dev
Hello everyone,

It would be extremely useful to be able to cross compile chromium. Having said that, the documentation is less than helpful for those who don't work at Google. Here is what it says:

> If you are not at Google, you‘ll have to figure out how to get the SDK, and you’ll need to put a JSON file describing the SDK layout in a certain location.

I'm not sure where I should start from in this case. This is really vague. It mentions a JSON file, but it doesn't provide neither the location, nor the layout.

Can someone help me in getting this going, for us non-googlers.

Cheers,

Claudio DeSouza

PhistucK

Jan 11, 2018, 8:22:08 AM1/11/18
to Claudio M. DeSouza Junior, Chromium-dev

PhistucK

Claudio deSouza

Jan 11, 2018, 8:36:23 AM1/11/18
to Chromium-dev, claudi...@gmail.com
Thanks for pointing that out. Through what he said, I understand where that file should be deployed. Having said that, I still have no idea about the specifics of that file, since he asking for people to look at this file they already have, which I don't, because I don't work at Google. Also, it would be helpful to have simple suggestions on what folders from the SDK to extract.

Cheers,

On Thursday, 11 January 2018 13:22:08 UTC, PhistucK wrote:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 1:33 PM, Claudio deSouza <claudi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

It would be extremely useful to be able to cross compile chromium. Having said that, the documentation is less than helpful for those who don't work at Google. Here is what it says:

> If you are not at Google, you‘ll have to figure out how to get the SDK, and you’ll need to put a JSON file describing the SDK layout in a certain location.

I'm not sure where I should start from in this case. This is really vague. It mentions a JSON file, but it doesn't provide neither the location, nor the layout.

Can someone help me in getting this going, for us non-googlers.

Cheers,

Claudio DeSouza

Nico Weber

Jan 11, 2018, 9:01:15 AM1/11/18
to Claudio M. D. Souza Junior, Chromium-dev

Pablo Saavedra Rodiño

Feb 21, 2018, 12:51:01 PM2/21/18
to Chromium-dev
Morning Claudio, the thing that you propose it is also interesting for me.  Did  you get some kind of success doing this? any kind of advise or help is welcome in advance since I'm about to try it also.

Claudio deSouza

Feb 21, 2018, 1:41:27 PM2/21/18
to Chromium-dev
Hi,

Sorry, but I didn't manage to go much beyond what was discussed here.