PhistucK

May 19, 2017, 5:52:06 PM5/19/17
to William Kent, Chromium-dev
Yes. Well, it did.
HTML5 video was supported since around Chrome 4. Additional codecs were added at some points (VP8, VP9).

Note, however, that Chromium, by default, cannot play H.264 videos, because it is a non-free codec and you need a license for it. You can still enable H.264 (and other non-free codecs) support by defining build arguments (either using GN or GYP), see this thread for hints. Beware legal issues, though.

PhistucK

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 12:33 AM, William Kent <artis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does Chromium version 39 support HTML5 video?

Jakob Kummerow

May 22, 2017, 7:56:52 AM5/22/17
to PhistucK, William Kent, Chromium-dev
I would strongly recommend not to browse the internet with anything that's based on Chromium 39 (or any other outdated browser). It is full of security bugs that have been fixed on later versions. You really should update. (And if you don't have the bandwidth to stay up to date with current versions, then you shouldn't use your own custom browser -- for the sake of your own security online.)

Message has been deleted

PhistucK

Feb 22, 2018, 5:08:34 PM2/22/18
to William Kent, Chromium-dev
Even if I were, I never really developed in C++ and I never really developed a browser before, so I do not think I am the right guy for the task. ;)

PhistucK

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 6:48 AM, William Kent <artis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you for hire?