Possible dead loop in content::FindRequestManager when GuestViewCrossProcessFrames is off

Roger Wang

Dec 13, 2017, 8:25:16 PM12/13/17
to Chromium-dev
In FindRequestManager::Traverse() there could be a dead loop:

  while ((node = TraverseNode(node, forward, wrap)) != nullptr) {

    if (!CheckFrame(node->current_frame_host()))

      continue;

TraverseNode() has a chance to return the same node passed to it when 'wrap' and 'forward' is true, and the node's frame doesn't match. Am I understanding it correctly that it's a possible bug in Chromium?

We found this when 'GuestViewCrossProcessFrames' is turned off in NW.js, a downstream project of Chromium. https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/6326

Thanks in advance.

Roger

Daniel Bratell

Dec 14, 2017, 9:16:51 AM12/14/17
to Chromium-dev, Roger Wang
Doh!

Are you able to file a bug at https://crbug.com/new and CC/assign it to paulmeyer who seems to have touched the file last. I'm not familiar with the code but I hope he'll be able to figure out what to do with it, or forward it to someone appropriate.

/Daniel

/* Opera Software, Linköping, Sweden: CET (UTC+1) */

paul...@chromium.org

Dec 14, 2017, 2:34:37 PM12/14/17
to Chromium-dev
Okay, I think it was not supposed to be possible for CheckFrame() to be false on all of the frames in the traversal, which the the only way this would lead to an infinite loop.

Roger Wang

Dec 14, 2017, 9:25:50 PM12/14/17
to Chromium-dev
Thanks. So I guess there is no need to submit an issue?

Roger