FYI: Android Canary trial of Site Isolation

Charlie Reis

May 11, 2018, 5:32:10 PM5/11/18
to chromium-dev, Łukasz Anforowicz, Chromium Site Isolation
FYI: We're now running a short Canary-only (M68) Android trial of Site Isolation for 50% of users on devices with >1 GB of RAM.  This will help us evaluate future plans for Site Isolation on Android.  Note that this is separate from the current trials of Site Isolation on desktop, which are in progress on all channels.

If the Android Canary trial goes well from a stability perspective, we will try to collect a week of data on the Canary and Dev channels to get representative performance numbers.

If you encounter any issues during the trial, please use the following URL to diagnose:
Please report any bugs here.

Thanks!
Charlie, Łukasz, and the Site Isolation team

Charlie Reis

May 12, 2018, 11:37:57 PM5/12/18
to chromium-dev, Łukasz Anforowicz, Chromium Site Isolation
Note: We've disabled the trial due to a higher than expected number of Android-specific crashes.  We'll resolve the top crashes and will try again.

Charlie

Łukasz Anforowicz

May 17, 2018, 3:22:14 PM5/17/18
to Chromium-dev, luk...@chromium.org, site-isol...@chromium.org
Most of the crashes that disrupted the first trial should be fixed now - we plan to try re-enabling the site-per-process Android/Canary trial on Friday (after verifying that 68.0.3434.0 tomorrow really includes r559629 and r559618).

Charlie Reis

May 23, 2018, 4:15:35 PM5/23/18
to Łukasz Anforowicz, chromium-dev, Chromium Site Isolation
FYI: This Android Canary Site Isolation trial has been running since May 18.  We plan to run it until June 1 to collect preliminary performance data.

Thanks,
Charlie, et al