Keeping trybot logs for a longer period of time

Carlos Knippschild

Jun 27, 2016, 4:08:14 AM6/27/16
to infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
CCing chromium-dev to see if there's more than only me interested in this.

It has happened to me a few times already that I am working on a long term change and I have to refer to trybot logs from earlier patches to help me remember and understand the changes that follow. Quite often in these cases the logs have already been wiped.

It would be useful if this was not the case and we would keep this kind of logs for a little longer.

A not as good alternative solution would be to allow running trybots on past patchsets which is not possible (one can only run them on the latest).

Thanks.

Nodir Turakulov

Jun 27, 2016, 5:12:38 AM6/27/16
to Carlos Knippschild, infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
logdog is our new system for keeping logs for much longer periods of time. All public build logs are currently streamed to both buildbot and logdog. If you open a recent buildbot build, there are [stderr] and [stdout] links under each step that point to logdog viewer, for example in this build.

Buildbot builds are not kept for long, but you still can figure out a logdog link. For example builds for the first patchset of your CL 2058743003 do not exist anymore and link https://build.chromium.org/p/tryserver.chromium.win/builders/win_clang/builds/35993 is broken, but you can still request logs of that build from logdog:
https://luci-logdog.appspot.com/app/#!/stream/?s=chromium/bb/tryserver.chromium.win/win_clang/35993/+/stdout
See the global hierarchy of buildbot logs here.

We are working on a buildbot replacement where you won't have to construct log URLs.

Carlos Knippschild

Jun 27, 2016, 5:15:15 AM6/27/16
to Nodir Turakulov, Carlos Knippschild, infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Awesome! Thanks!