Is it possible to pause internal tick?

stzh...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2018, 6:23:59 PM4/22/18
to Chromium-dev
Hi all,

Pretty new to this place. I'm now working on a Chromium instrumentation project. The thing is that I'm trying to print out some runtime execution trace about what types of statements (e.g. if/then block) are being executed. However, for some unknown reason, I keep observing that some JS code that should execute disappears in the trace.

I figure this can be the result of asynchronous functions slowed down because of instrumentation and their order with respect to each other and/or whether they should run are changed.

Now in order to avoid such side-effect introduced by instrumentation, I'm thinking of pausing the internal tick that controls the time elapsing of V8 so those asynchronous functions would stop timing while the instrumentation code is running.

If this possible, could anyone please point me to the source I should take a look? Many thanks!

- Z

stzh...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2018, 8:00:05 PM4/22/18
to Chromium-dev