Counter for fast shutdown of the renderer process?

Christian Biesinger

Apr 17, 2014, 7:13:13 PM4/17/14
to chromium-dev
Hi all,

do we have a counter for how often we do a "fast shutdown" (i.e.
KillProcess) of the renderer process?

I was looking for it around here:
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/content/browser/renderer_host/render_process_host_impl.cc&q=fast_shutdown&sq=package:chromium&type=cs&l=1225

But didn't find any metrics collection. Did I miss it?

(We don't collect blink FeatureObserver statistics in these cases, and
I'm trying to find an upper bound on how biased they are because of
this)

-christian

William Chan (陈智昌)

Apr 17, 2014, 7:28:37 PM4/17/14
to cbies...@chromium.org, chromium-dev
I thought we had this, but I can't find it. The closest I found was https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/chrome/browser/browser_shutdown.cc&q=shutdown.renderers&sq=package:chromium&l=313. But I think that's not exactly what you're looking for and would be misleading.