Bad Request 400 error in chrome

Umer Rasheed

Apr 20, 2017, 8:58:02 AM4/20/17
to Chromium-dev
Hi
I am developing an application in ASP.NET hosted on IIS and on a 'GET' request Chrome is giving me 'Bad request' 400 error. I am using chrome version '57.0.2987.133' and here is my scenario.

I have two iframes side by side
Left iframe contains a some list (sort of a menu) and the right iframe contains some page.
On a user action, i update innerHTML of a some div in right iframe and reload left iframe
Now the 'GET' call chrome produces for left iframe in this case contains some html of right iframe and server throws 'Bad Request' error
I tried reload left iframe
  1. by setting src of iframe
  2. by setting window.location.href of that iframe
Nothing works. Request captured by fiddler is something like that

[some random HTML of right iframe]GET /domainname.com/application/notes.aspx?isNew=False HTTP/1.1

Same workflow is working fine on IE and safari

Can any help me out? Have anyone faced some issue like that?

PhistucK

Apr 20, 2017, 1:23:06 PM4/20/17
to umer.r...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
Wow, that is super weird.
Note that this group discusses technical browser development issues, not web development.

You can use crbug.com for reporting it (if you have not found a similar issue) and give a URL to a small page (or attach the smallest amount of resources that are needed) to reproduce the issue.

PhistucK

Matthew Menke

Apr 20, 2017, 1:35:13 PM4/20/17
to Chromium-dev
Chrome does not general HTTP response errors on its own, so your server or a proxy is returning a 400 error page.  That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a Chrome issue, but I'd start by looking into why it's returning the error.

PhistucK

Apr 20, 2017, 1:40:32 PM4/20/17
to Matt Menke, Chromium-dev

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:35 PM, 'Matthew Menke' via Chromium-dev <chromi...@chromium.org> wrote:
[some random HTML of right iframe]GET /domainname.com/application/notes.aspx?isNew=False HTTP/1.1

​Because of this weird thing, probably. :(​

PhistucK

Christian Biesinger

Apr 20, 2017, 1:52:48 PM4/20/17
to PhistucK, Matt Menke, Chromium-dev
I would check whether you are sending the correct Content-Length header.

Christian
> --
> --
> "Chromium-dev" group.
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/CABc02_LMi4VWU2tui0P4yUuUXeg-X%2BMSomKujtJFX%3D7YY%3D6adA%40mail.gmail.com.

PhistucK

Apr 20, 2017, 1:54:42 PM4/20/17
to Christian Biesinger, Matt Menke, Chromium-dev
Would that add junk before the initial HTTP GET header of the request? Unlikely.

PhistucK

Umer Rasheed

Apr 21, 2017, 1:05:13 AM4/21/17
to Chromium-dev, mme...@google.com
Yes Chrome is not generating this error. but chrome is generating such request. Request generated by IE is fine, no junk at all.

PhistucK

Apr 21, 2017, 3:50:48 AM4/21/17
to Umer Rasheed, Chromium-dev, Matt Menke
Have you filed an issue like I suggested?

PhistucK