flac OWNERS

Thiago Farina

Jun 19, 2015, 1:26:02 PM6/19/15
to Chromium-dev, Hans Wennborg, Nico Weber
Hi chromiumers,

Who could own third_party/flac?

From https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/deps/flac/+log/master, there wasn't many changes to pick a good owner for it.

May be hans and thakis? AFAIK satish does not work more on Chromium.

Regards,

--
Thiago Farina

Hans Wennborg

Jun 19, 2015, 1:52:30 PM6/19/15
to Thiago Farina, to...@chromium.org, Niklas Enbom, Chromium-dev, Nico Weber
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Thiago Farina <tfa...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Who could own third_party/flac?
>
> From https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/deps/flac/+log/master, there
> wasn't many changes to pick a good owner for it.

flac was added for the old Speech Recognition feature, which was later
replaced by Web Speech API. AFAIK, that's still the only user of flac
in Chromium.

tommi's team owns that API, so I guess they would be a good owner.

Before the speech stuff was handed over to the team in STO, we met
with niklase and he sounded enthusiastic about using a different audio
codec. I don't know if any plans ever grew out of that.

Thiago Farina

Jun 20, 2015, 12:43:13 PM6/20/15
to Hans Wennborg, Tomas Gunnarsson, Niklas Enbom, Chromium-dev
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Hans Wennborg <ha...@chromium.org> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Thiago Farina <tfa...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Who could own third_party/flac?
>
> From https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/deps/flac/+log/master, there
> wasn't many changes to pick a good owner for it.

flac was added for the old Speech Recognition feature, which was later
replaced by Web Speech API. AFAIK, that's still the only user of flac
in Chromium.

tommi's team owns that API, so I guess they would be a good owner.

Ping? Tomas, should I add you to OWNERS? Who else? Niklas?

Before the speech stuff was handed over to the team in STO, we met
with niklase and he sounded enthusiastic about using a different audio
codec. I don't know if any plans ever grew out of that.

--
Thiago Farina

Yehonathan Sharvit

Jun 21, 2015, 2:25:03 AM6/21/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, to...@chromium.org, ha...@chromium.org, nik...@google.com
What is the status of FLAC support in chromium?

Tommi

Jun 23, 2015, 4:26:30 PM6/23/15
to Thiago Farina, Hans Wennborg, Niklas Enbom, Chromium-dev
For the purposes of effectively rubberstamping I can be in the owners file but I really don't know the code.  Niklas - wdyt?

Tommi

Jun 26, 2015, 4:21:41 AM6/26/15
to Thiago Farina, Hans Wennborg, Philip Jägenstedt, Niklas Enbom, Chromium-dev
Philip pinged me offline about Flac.  He's familiar with that code, much more so than I, so I suggest we add both me and him as owners.  Together we'll cover the WebSpeech and Flac side of things.

Thiago Farina

Jun 26, 2015, 9:49:20 AM6/26/15
to Tommi, Philip Jägenstedt, Chromium-dev
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 5:20 AM, Tommi <to...@chromium.org> wrote:
Philip pinged me offline about Flac.  He's familiar with that code, much more so than I, so I suggest we add both me and him as owners.  Together we'll cover the WebSpeech and Flac side of things.

Thanks. I will prepare a patch and send it for review later today.

--
Thiago Farina

Thiago Farina

Jun 27, 2015, 4:16:51 PM6/27/15
to Tommi, Philip Jägenstedt, Chromium-dev