Bandwidth usage by each chrome tab

Praveen RS

May 23, 2017, 12:18:03 PM5/23/17
to Chromium-dev
Hi team,
I understand that the downloads are owned by the browser kernel chrome session and each of the rendering engine sessions(tabs) would request it to download the files. I would like to understand how the downloaded content(chunks) are passed onto the tab sessions? Is that through any IPC mechanism OR it would just pass the shared memory reference for the tabs to access the downloaded data?

Since the downloads for the various tabs are done by the browser kernel chrome session, it's tough to know the bandwidth consumption by individual tabs. Is there any way to identify the bandwidth consumption by each of the chrome tabs?

Thanks,
Praveen RS