How to fix linker crash linking libGLESv2 on windows

Al Patrick

Mar 18, 2011, 4:31:50 PM3/18/11
to Chromium-dev
I rolled ANGLE from r571 to r577 yesterday afternoon with r78619. It
seems to have pulled in something that causes the linker to crash for
incremental links on windows on the try slaves. I also saw it on one
of the bots when I committed but I did not realize it would happen
consistently.

The linker crash happens when trying to build libGLESv2.dll.

The solution is to clobber. If you see this locally, it might only be
necessary to rebuild libGLESv2.dll from scratch. It's in third_party/
angle.

This is the crash:

LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during LinkerMain

Version 9.00.30729.01

ExceptionCode = C0000005
ExceptionFlags = 00000000
ExceptionAddress = 00348310 (00000000) "c:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\link.exe"
NumberParameters = 00000002
ExceptionInformation[ 0] = 00000008
ExceptionInformation[ 1] = 00348310

CONTEXT:
Eax = 00348310 Esp = 002CE724
Ebx = 02F05A1C Ebp = 002CE73C
Ecx = 3FFF03E8 Esi = 3FFF0410
Edx = 401B2BA0 Edi = 401B2B98
Eip = 00348310 EFlags = 00010202
SegCs = 00000023 SegDs = 0000002B
SegSs = 0000002B SegEs = 0000002B
SegFs = 00000053 SegGs = 0000002B
Dr0 = 00000000 Dr3 = 00000000
Dr1 = 00000000 Dr6 = 00000000
Dr2 = 00000000 Dr7 = 00000000

Error executing link.exe (tool returned code: 1000)