Delete Default Most Visited Sites

Volkan Toprak

Dec 6, 2017, 8:00:25 AM12/6/17
to Chromium-dev
Hi,

How to disable the default most visited sites on the new tab page for the first time? Some default sites are created automatically.

Thanks for any help.

Marc Treib

Dec 6, 2017, 10:19:10 AM12/6/17
to tprkv...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
As a starting point: This feature is called PopularSites in code.
If that's not the kind of answer you were looking for, then you'll have to be more specific about what exactly you're asking.

Volkan Toprak

Dec 6, 2017, 11:42:45 AM12/6/17
to Marc Treib, Chromium-dev
Hi, thanks for the answer.

You are right. My question was not clear. When the application opens for the first time, some default sites like chromium.org are added to the popular sites in new tab page. I do not want this. How can I disable this default case.

Marc Treib

Dec 6, 2017, 12:22:02 PM12/6/17
to Volkan Toprak, Chromium-dev
Do you mean as a user, i.e. without changing code? Then I believe the answer is "you can't". What you can do is remove the tiles you don't want: On Android by long-pressing and choosing "Remove", and on desktop by clicking the small "x" in the top right of the tile. After that, they won't show up in the same profile again. Or alternatively, just use Chrome for a while, then the popular sites will be replaced by your personal most visited ones.

Or do you mean as a developer, for some Chromium-derived product? Then please see PopularSites at the link I posted before.

Volkan Toprak

Dec 6, 2017, 12:23:38 PM12/6/17
to Marc Treib, Chromium-dev
I mean as a developer and you have already given the solution for that. Thanks a lot

WoodpeckerTablet

Jan 28, 2018, 10:39:38 AM1/28/18
to chromi...@chromium.org
I just run incognito but set the page to your site
For example
* (Chrome DIR)/chrome.exe --incognito 'http://debweb/stores/'
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/CAOXvDB0B5MRumUc8fpFqh74YbfL6RMzwnCF%2B8wkzUEKpbZWzDw%40mail.gmail.com.

--