Takashi Toyoshima

Jan 16, 2018, 4:40:54 AM1/16/18
to blink-dev, Chromium-dev, Chromium Loading Performance
Hi chromium/blink developers,

Here is a Loading Team weekly snippet (not weekly this time but...), the most updates are based on topics that are discussed in Tokyo loading team involved sync-up meetings, but would contain other offices' efforts or collaborations with them or external contributors.

We are happy to hear feedback on each topic, and on this snippet format itself.

Dec 18, 2017 through Jan 12, 2018 (incl. long holidays)

  • ES6 module

    • Performance (ksakamoto)

      • Cache module specifier resolution results (CL)

        • Cuts ~2% renderer CPU time for our performance test

    • Preload (ksakamoto)

      • Drafting I2S, blocked on TAG review

    • Scalable loading / 10k measurement (ksakamoto, kinuko)

      • Resumed working on response body inlining

    • Predictability (kouhei)

      • Base URL used in dynamic import fixes (crbug)

  • Re-arch

    • Mojo-Loading (yhirano)

      • Merged SecuriryFilterPeer and ReplaceContentPeer.

    • Out-of-Blink/Renderer CORS (tyoshino, toyoshim)

      • Had a prototype for proof-of-concept to run in the browser process

      • Start Out-of-Render CORS implementation

    • ResourceLoadScheduler (toyoshim, ksakamoto, yhirano, kinuko)

      • Renderer-side ResourceScheduler (yhirano)

        • Haven’t seen any significant regressions yet from the finch experiment.

        • Many regressions and improvements are reported by perf bots; Investigating whether they’re overall performance positive or negative.

        • Moving ResourceScheduler to content/network to share the logic between the exising path and the network service.

      • Background-tab throttling (toyoshim, ksakamoto)

        • remove metrics for PartiallyThrottled state

  • Better navigation transition

    • More predictable MemoryCache (japhet, hiroshige, kinuko)

  • WebFonts (ksakamoto, toyoshim)

    • Re-run font-display logic on FontFace.display change (landed)

--
Takashi Toyoshima
Software Engineer, Google