gUM Screen Capture source id

Ajay Choudary

Aug 25, 2015, 2:24:12 PM8/25/15
to Chromium-dev
Hi All,

I was redirected from discuss-webrtc_post to here, can someone help me get shared screen details from getUserMedia.

User was installed an extension to capture his screen in trusted URL with getUserMedia ,
He selected a screen/window in the pop-up from chrome.desktopCapture.chooseDesktopMedia(), but the API is not giving any details except random string (stream_id).

Is there any way to get shared source details from  gUM Video_Stream/Video_Track as like in CaptureSurfaceType ,

Below are the details from stream videoTrack Object, here label is always 'screen':

Chrome-44:
  1. enabledtrue
  2. id"e8f53418-78d1-4401-9414-cf15ad2ffdc0"
  3. kind"video"
  4. label"Screen"
  5. mutedfalse
  6. onendednull