Add try bot with non en_US locale

Alexey

Nov 30, 2016, 9:39:02 PM11/30/16
to Chromium-dev
Hello all,

I'm working in Chrome DevTools team and we got some issues related to running Chromium with non en_US locales, e.g. v8:5551 - we used locale-dependent way to convert double to string in our protocol and when user runs Chromium from terminal with LANG=<any locale with , as float delimiter> then part of DevTools doesn't work. It affects Chrome Driver: chromedriver:1552.
Another issue - rendering SVG currently is broken in Canary (chromium:666228).

To prevent such problem in future - can we run one or several try bots with non en_US locale?

Thanks,
Aleksey.

Dirk Pranke

Nov 30, 2016, 9:54:19 PM11/30/16
to kozyat...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev, Marc-Antoine Ruel
I have a vague memory from long ago that we used to hit a lot of issues in tests that assumed that we had en_US locales.

We should figure out if that's still true.

I think maruel@ may remember some of the issues we used to hit. Maybe others do as well.

Otherwise, this seems like a fine idea. We would also want to figure out which configurations need tests, and which
tests really need to be run (since I'm guessing most of them don't). I'd guess we don't actually need new trybots, but
maybe just test steps that are configured differently?

-- Dirk

Marc-Antoine Ruel

Dec 1, 2016, 2:04:25 PM12/1/16
to Dirk Pranke, kozyat...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev