Is chroot still necessary to build 32-bit chromium under Linux

Shanfeng Cheng

Jan 17, 2017, 1:49:48 AM1/17/17
to chromium-dev
Previously, when I was using the GYP building system, I had to use chroot and the precise32 command to build 32-bit Chromium. After I update to m55, I found precise32 is no longer able to build Chromium. Instead, I can get a 32-bit binary to be built by not using chroot. Therefore, I'd to confirm if the chroot is no longer required to build 32-bit binary under Linux.

Shanfeng Cheng

Dirk Pranke

Jan 17, 2017, 12:09:39 PM1/17/17
to Shanfeng Cheng, chromium-dev
That is correct, a chroot is no longer required.

-- Dirk

Shanfeng Cheng

Jan 19, 2017, 2:43:04 AM1/19/17
to Dirk Pranke, chromium-dev
Do we need run "gclient runhooks" each time we switch between 32-bit and 64-bit building?

Shanfeng Cheng

Dirk Pranke

Jan 19, 2017, 12:42:13 PM1/19/17
to Shanfeng Cheng, chromium-dev
The 64-bit and 32-bit sysroots are both installed by default, so you don't need to re-run gclient runhooks when switching.

-- Dirk

Shanfeng Cheng

Jan 19, 2017, 12:43:17 PM1/19/17
to Dirk Pranke, chromium-dev
Thanks for confirming. That was my guess.