Unable to upload an update to my already published Chrome Web App

Jessica Baartman

Dec 14, 2016, 2:55:24 PM12/14/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hello,

For the past two days, I have not been able to update my chrome web app. I keep getting the error: "Chrome Web Store System Error, please try again later". I was able to update the app last week, but yesterday and today no luck.

I have tried the following things:

Sign out of all google accounts and only sign in with the one account that my developer console is linked too
Update Chrome
Update Windows
Restart computer
Clear browser Cache

I also have paid my $5 developer fee, and I have no warnings/error messages to accept any terms and conditions or anything when I log into the Chrome Developer Console.

I have also submitted a bug to Chrome via:

I need to have my app updated as soon as possible. This is extremely inconvenient!! I have tried finding a way to get google support on a phone or online chat but apparently that does not exist for Chrome Web App issues!

Any suggestions or help!?!
Thank you,

Jessica Baartman

Dec 14, 2016, 3:01:50 PM12/14/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I have also tried using a different computer, and have tried compressing my app with the Windows archive/zip tool and 7-zip.

tomatosmoothie

Dec 14, 2016, 8:07:51 PM12/14/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
This was happening to me as well and I suspect many others.

Have you by any chance registered as a Google Play Developer as well with the same google id?

If the answer is yes, they are integrating(linking) your google play dev account with your payments center.

My account is active now, suggest giving it some time, shabby integration to say the least.

Jessica Baartman

Dec 15, 2016, 8:19:43 AM12/15/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hm, interesting, I do have a google play developer account with the same google id. So you think that could be the issue? Unfortunately, I don't have "time" to wait. I really must get my app updated today... Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thank you,

iSh0w

Dec 15, 2016, 8:35:39 AM12/15/16
to Jessica Baartman, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Took a week or my issue to get resolved, I hardly posted an android app update and it is back to giving me the same error. Also, the app I previously updated was unpublished when I managed to get back into the play console.

Yup just checked and I still get the below error. However, I can access my google webstore chrome dev console. Google prolly have an ETA for announcing some Andromeda Google laptop and us Dev's just need to lump it up and keep smiling =D
"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. (8869003)"

As for what to do, your best bet would be to do a live chat with them rather than posting a message for help(takes quite a while, I guess they have a lot of stuff to answer). Talking to them via some toll free way, if possible, would be best.

Happy Holidays!

Jessica Baartman

Dec 15, 2016, 8:58:18 AM12/15/16
to iSh0w, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Thanks, unfortunately, I am unable to find a live chat anywhere for Chrome Web Store help. I found a chat for Google Play Console but they won't help me with Chrome web store issues... I guess I'll have to hang tight and wait for them to respond to my emails...

Thanks,

Jessica Baartman

Dec 16, 2016, 2:01:17 PM12/16/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, iSh0w...@gmail.com
So as it turns out it was a problem with the Chrome Web Store Console. They had a bug with "larger" file uploads. It has now been resolved.

Chua, Chee How

Dec 16, 2016, 7:55:43 PM12/16/16
to Jessica Baartman, iSh0w...@gmail.com, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Good to hear. Just to be clear, when you say "larger file uploads" you are referring to the ZIP file? How large are we talking about here?

James

Dec 16, 2016, 8:17:07 PM12/16/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, jessica....@gmail.com, iSh0w...@gmail.com
Hey Folks,

This turned out to be related to a server issue that slowed down processing times, which in turn caused very large app and extension package uploads to time out. As Jessica mentioned, it has since been resolved.

Best,
James
Message has been deleted

PhistucK

Dec 17, 2016, 5:16:01 AM12/17/16
to tomatosmoothie, Chromium-Apps-Announce, Jessica Baartman

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 4:53 AM, tomatosmoothie <ish0w...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had not made any uploads to Google Chrome Webstore at all when I got that error.

Since it is a general error, it makes sense that you get it anywhere in the webstore when something goes unexpectedly wrong. In this case, it was in the upload flow and the team determined the issue, fixed it and the user indeed confirmed it was fixed, so I am not sure why you would doubt that, or how (at least most of) your post is related to this thread.

​Please, keep it civil.​

PhistucK

iSh0w

Dec 17, 2016, 6:09:01 AM12/17/16
to PhistucK, Chromium-Apps-Announce, Jessica Baartman
Sure, my bad! Sorry folks.

Jessica Baartman

Dec 19, 2016, 8:35:38 AM12/19/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, jessica....@gmail.com, iSh0w...@gmail.com
Yes, it was the zip file that I was trying to upload was to large. I tried a 300MB zip file and a 700 MB zip file. Both did not work.

But it has since been resolved.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-apps/.

Michael Paul Coder

Jan 7, 2017, 5:53:06 AM1/7/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, jessica....@gmail.com, iSh0w...@gmail.com
I also ran into the 8869003 error when signing into the Developer Console and managed to get it working in incognito mode in Google Chrome.