Odd behavior with ChromeVox and notifications

David Brodbeck

Aug 16, 2016, 1:43:42 AM8/16/16
to Chromium Apps
I've been doing accessibility testing with ChromeVox. I found that
when another window is active and my app calls
chrome.notifications.create(), the text of the notification is
repeated five or six times in a row. Has anyone else run into this?
I can't figure out if it's a ChromeVox bug or if I'm mishandling the
notification somehow.

--
GPG Key Fingerprint: 0DB7 4B50 8910 DBC5 B510 79C4 3970 2BC3 2078 D875

PhistucK

Aug 16, 2016, 1:46:54 AM8/16/16
to David Brodbeck, Chromium Apps
Try a reduced test case - an application that simply creates a notification. Does it still happen?
If so, crbug.com is the place for reporting issues (or finding existing similar ones).

PhistucK

David Brodbeck

Aug 16, 2016, 2:31:04 AM8/16/16
to PhistucK, Chromium Apps
Yeah, I suspect it's this one:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=521217

Not much I can do, in that case; the bug's already over a year old.