"The web_url of this hosted web app is not owned by the developer" When Trying To Publish App

David Chalifoux

Apr 30, 2013, 10:04:29 PM4/30/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Ok, so when I try to publish my app, that runs perfect in test, it gives me this error:
The web_url of this hosted web app is not owned by the developer

This is what my code looks like:

"name": "FouxNation",
"description": "Discuss Anything",
"version": "0.0.0.1",
"manifest_version": 2,
"icons": {
"128": "icon_128.png"
},
"app": {
"urls": [
"http://fouxnation.com/"
],
"launch": {
"web_url": "http://fouxnation.com/"
}
}
}

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

David Chalifoux

Apr 30, 2013, 10:08:33 PM4/30/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Sorry forgot to include:
This website is already verified through Google Webmasters, and shows up on the list that is on the same page to publish the app.

Ronald Brown

Apr 30, 2013, 10:12:28 PM4/30/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
You have to register your url with the Google webmaster tools program and they will give you code to fix this.

David Chalifoux

May 1, 2013, 12:00:04 AM5/1/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
It is registered with Google Webmasters Tools, its been on my account forever, and it shows up on the list that is on the submit page.

David Chalifoux

May 1, 2013, 12:28:48 AM5/1/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Nevermind everyone, I just added a www. because that was how it was in google webmasters, and it fixed my problem. THANKS

Mahendra Prasad S M

Jun 7, 2018, 10:41:42 AM6/7/18
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, dcc...@gmail.com
I am also facing the same problem. can anyone explain