Create chart with Google Apps

Premium Line

Jun 26, 2015, 8:17:18 AM6/26/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hello,
I came from the .Net world to Chrome Apps. Until now, I really love it. I have to learn javascript, so I'm not so good right now.
I hope this group has a solution for my problem.
I like to create a chart (line chart, barchart, ...). There are a lot of libraries like chart.js or flot.js. But I need to write a spreadsheet with charts for Excel.
In .Net a use EPPLUS. The function of my program is quite simple. The user open a text file with values. Then he choose some charts (line, bar, pie). Add the end he press a button and get a xlsx file with the charts.
My problem is the xlsx file. I found no libraries to create excel files.
No I try to find a solution with google sheet. I know that google documents can run offline (perfect). Is there a possibility to create google sheet (with charts) in Chrome Apps? Like my .Net Application
A user open my app and choose a text file, some charts and press the button. After pressing the button, google document will open with the results. Now he can export to xlsx when he want.
Do anybody know how this can work offline. charts.js is no solution, there charts are only exported a pictures.

Thank you

PhistucK

Jun 26, 2015, 8:25:13 AM6/26/15
to Premium Line, Chromium Apps
First, from a quick search for "js export xlsx", I found this -
And others. Now, I have not looked into them, but it looks like it writes XLSX files.

Anyway, Google Spreadsheet has an API, I believe.

To conclude this discussion, you are looking for general web development help and nothing specific to Chrome applications, so, please, use stackoverflow.com, a general web development help forum or a search engine.

PhistucK

Premium Line

Jun 26, 2015, 8:51:07 AM6/26/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, wol...@gmx.de
Thank you very much. SheetsJS can't create charts. It is really strange, that it seems to be so difficult. In .Net it is really easy and simple to use.