Web Store can't buy extension. An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later.

Jeff Baker

Sep 13, 2016, 4:20:48 PM9/13/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I am a Web Store extension developer and I developed this speech recognition extension here:

It has a free trial which is working fine. But I need to test if the full version is working. The only way I could think of testing if it can detect the full version is to buy it myself.  If there is another way to test this as the developer please let me know.

But when I go to Buy it and select the credit card and click "Buy" I get the message. "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later."
But I have been trying now for 20 hours and I still get the same message.  I also can't use Google Wallet to make the purchase, it is greyed out so that I can't click on it. What can I do?

Mohamed Talbi

Sep 20, 2016, 9:57:12 AM9/20/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I got the same thing once and i had to contact the support team to fix the issue :)

George

Apr 30, 2018, 4:20:18 PM4/30/18
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I'm getting this now too.

@Jeff - Was there a fix?
@Mohamed - How do you even contact the support team?

Thanks,
George

Jeff Baker

Apr 30, 2018, 6:06:00 PM4/30/18
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
It has been a long time. I think I had to purchase it with another Google account in order to test it.