Will Chrome Packages Apps published with "Unlisted" Visibility continue to work after November 2016?

Ricardo De Lemos

Oct 21, 2016, 11:56:17 AM10/21/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hello,

Google have the following announcement on the Web Store Dashboard: " Starting in November 2016, any new packaged apps or hosted apps that you publish will be restricted to Chrome OS, and will not be available to users on Windows, Mac or Linux. Existing apps will continue to be available on all major platforms"

I have a couple of applications that are published with Visibility = unlisted (not available in Web Store, but only to people with the specific link), because they are in use by some restricted customers.

Will these apps continue to work and I will be able to provide updates to them until we can port it to another solution using Electron, even tough they are published in Restrict mode ( not visible in Web Store) ?

Best Regards.

Ricardo De Lemos

Oct 21, 2016, 11:59:47 AM10/21/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Actually, the correct subject is : If these packaged chrome apps published with Visibility = unlisted, will still be accessible from Chrome ( not Chrome OS)  and be able to receive updates after november.

April Lopp

Oct 24, 2016, 3:41:33 PM10/24/16
to Ricardo De Lemos, Chromium-Apps-Announce

James

Oct 24, 2016, 6:12:24 PM10/24/16
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi Ricardo,

Yes-- the experience for unlisted apps will be the same as apps that are published publicly. They will continue to be accessible on all platforms and able to receive updates post November.

That said, all of the previously announced timelines still stand, which is why encourage all affected developers to transition their apps.

Best,
James

Koka Orvelashvili

Oct 24, 2016, 6:20:21 PM10/24/16