arc_metadata error - do i need to ditch this chrome browser and arc welder thing then?

122 skatījumi
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu

Ross Walker

nelasīta,
2015. gada 29. okt. 17:24:4929.10.15
uz Chromium Apps
So - the internet is awash with "RUN YOUR ANDROID APPS ON YOUR PC THROUGH CHROME AND ARC WELDER!" Wow - I'll have a go at that I say... and I install chrome browser (not my choice of browser, but hey)... load up ARC Welder... follow the instructions and BAM! Works first time.
I'm running Windows 7 x64 and my Android apps are running great through Arc welder. I've got metaswitches down, I've got running multiple apps down by unpacking the zips and adding them as extensions.
Then while I'm reinstalling to the latest version of Windows 10... I try all that again and now I get:
"arc_metadata": { "apkList": [ "build.apk" ], "disableAutoBackButton": true, "enableExternalDirectory": true, "formFactor": "tablet", "name": "Show Box", "orientation": "landscape", "packageName": "com.tdo.showbox", "resize": "reconfigure", "sleepOnBlur": false } }

Which is so counter intuitive an error message I can't even begin to describe my feelings. Because to me... it reads like: ERROR!!! ARC WELDER DOESN'T UNDERSTAND!!! ARC DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ARC IS!!! ARC WILL NOW DIE!!!

I guess it's either a problem with Windows 10 x64, or it's a problem with Chrome and while I was updating Chrome, Google went and broke something or fixed something. Either way I guess the good times are over and that you cannot, no longer, run your favorite android app on PC? I've shopped around for info, but most places need you to get a lawyer to translate your question into an acceptable format before posting (stack overflow?... wow... when did computing turn into such great fun!!! - the day I post a question there will be the day God has gouged out my eyes for reading every computer manual on the planet)
Someone just tell me it's broken forever... then I can go back to using Firefox. I liked Firefox.

Ross Walker

nelasīta,
2015. gada 29. okt. 20:52:1129.10.15
uz Chromium Apps
Forget it, I just realized that the entire Chrome Arc runtime is entirely built for the sole purpose of "clicking a single URL". Like "Go to Google Drive"... or "Go to Google Search"... or "Go to Google Mail"... or "Go to Google etc. etc. etc."

Weird, it used to actually run Apps.

Now I get weird "uncaught with your pants down in a promise" error (which apparently is Google Arcs way of telling you it can't even figure out what it's own screen rotation settings means?

Programming certainly has changed form my day. It used to work in my day for one. And for two, if it didn't, you had a pretty good idea why.

Can't imagine what it must be like trying to be a programmer in this day and age. Probably end up so stressed you die by the age of 30 before you successfully write a working program.

Paul Canning

nelasīta,
2015. gada 30. okt. 05:15:0130.10.15
uz Ross Walker,Chromium Apps
Wow.

Entitled much?

Pretty sure no one here cares to be honest, especially with that attitude.

---------------------------------
Paul Canning
[ software artist ]
---------------------------------
[draw&code]
digital creative studio

---------------------------------

PhistucK

nelasīta,
2015. gada 30. okt. 05:27:0030.10.15
uz Ross Walker,Chromium Apps
Well, there might be an issue with the Android runtime and Windows 10. I am not sure it is officially supported yet, perhaps due to this. You can report issues at crbug.com, anyway.

PhistucK

--

Nikola Pavlovic

nelasīta,
2015. gada 30. okt. 08:19:3630.10.15
uz Chromium Apps
It's a problem with windows 10. Microsoft promised a way to use android apps on win10 on it's own, so the problem MIGHT be connected to that. Anyways, if you want someone to blame, blame m$.

David Brodbeck

nelasīta,
2015. gada 2. nov. 18:33:1502.11.15
uz PhistucK,Ross Walker,Chromium Apps
In general WIndows 10 seems to mess with Chrome.  I got a report from a user that my app suddenly started taking 20 minutes to open a link in Chrome; turns out *all* Chrome links and apps now take 20 minutes to open.

I suspect they're trying to push users onto Edge.
--
GPG Key Fingerprint: 0DB7 4B50 8910 DBC5 B510 79C4 3970 2BC3 2078 D875
Atbildēt visiem