Safari Action Extension not working on Chrome

Jitendra Vadhiyar

May 29, 2017, 7:56:29 AM5/29/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I am trying to create a Action extension for Google chrome, which would fill the text field and password field automatically
I have created it for safari, and it working properly within safari, but for chrome its not the same. I have read that safari allows javascript preprocessor for communication but that is not same with chrome. How can i retrieve and send data back to chrome

PhistucK

May 29, 2017, 11:26:37 AM5/29/17
to Jitendra Vadhiyar, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Sounds like you want some to fill some data without a user gesture (examples for a user gesture include a click on a button next to the address bar of the browser). For that, you need a content script.
If you need to take the data from somewhere else, you can use fetch or XMLHttpRequest to fetch it. If you store it in the IndexedDB (for example) of the extension instead, you probably need a background page. Then you can communicate with it by using chrome.runtime.sendMessage and chrome.runtime.onMessage.addListener.

Get started with Chrome extensions here -

PhistucK

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Jitendra Vadhiyar <jitendr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to create a Action extension for Google chrome, which would fill the text field and password field automatically
I have created it for safari, and it working properly within safari, but for chrome its not the same. I have read that safari allows javascript preprocessor for communication but that is not same with chrome. How can i retrieve and send data back to chrome

fikile QueenShort

Jun 3, 2017, 5:14:41 AM6/3/17
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi also new on chrome pls do assist me whn I need help

Zig Mandel

Jul 14, 2017, 9:19:05 AM7/14/17
to fikile QueenShort, Chromium-Apps-Announce
unubscribe

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017, 4:14 AM fikile QueenShort <fikilequ...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi also new on chrome pls do assist me whn I need help

PhistucK

Jul 14, 2017, 5:01:19 PM7/14/17
to Zig Mandel, Chromium-Apps-Announce
If you meant to unsubscribe -
Try sending a blank e-mail to chromium-extens...@chromium.org (note that +unsubscribe in the address, it is important). If you already did exactly that, skip this.
If that does not work and you are still getting e-mails -
2. Click on the button that has an icon of a head and shoulders.
3. Click on "Leave group" and you are done. Or -
 a. Select in the selection box - "Don't send email updates".
 b. Click on "Save".

PhistucK